Motobilt introduces the Jeep JL 2018 + spare tire carrier. This heavy duty tire carrier is a must have if you are running larger tires on your Jeep. The stock setup is not equipped to handle the extra weight of a larger tire and wheel setup. This design takes all of the stress off of the factory tail gate and transfers it to the heavy duty steel carrier. The new JL tire carrier was designed using cutting edge computer modeling software. Each unit is laser cut, cnc formed, and hand welded to ensure it is perfect. It's also engineered it to install easily with basic hand tools.
- Weight: 58lbs
- 3/16 inch laser cut and cnc formed steel
- CAD designed for perfect fit
- Will hold up to a 40 inch tire .
- 12 mounting points vs the factory 4 mounting points
- Multiple adjustments both vertically and front to back for optimal tire position.
- Same wheel lug size and thread as stock sizes
- Designed to work with License plate/camera mount relocation kit
- Integrated design allows you to open and close easily with factory door handle.
- Will work with factory bumper or aftermarket bumpers.
- Greaseable mounting bolts at pivot points on hinges
- High density hinge bushings with steel inner liners
- Includes necessary mounting hardware.
- Thread 3/8-16
- These tire carriers are designed to fit a wheel backspacing of 4.25" to 5.5" with tires larger than stock. If you need a larger wheel backspacing, you can add a wheel spacer (not included).
Easy to open and close
Easy to bolt on Motobilt accessories
Increased load capacity.
Adjustable tire position allows clearance for up to a 40 inch tire.
- Ships bare metal and will need to be painted or powder coated.
- Factory tailgate catch must be removed.
Availabe in 8 on 6.5" wheel lug patterns. With many people now swapping in 1 ton axles into their Jeep, Motobilt offers this version of the tire carrier to use the popular 8 x 6.5" bolt pattern.